How to look after the candles
- Prevent soot from forming on the glass by keeping wicks properly placed and trimmed
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken
- If the candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit every time the candle is used
- Never introduce liquids or foreign objectsw into the candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials
- If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish the candle, allow it to cool and clean with a dry paper towel
- When not in use, keep candle covered to avoid dust build-up
- Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame. If not available, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
- Container candle burn times will vary. Fragrance, colour, burning habits and environmental conditions affect the time a candle will last.
How long will my candle burn?
This depends on the size of the candle you have purchased, and the manner in which you burn it. Due to the combined use of pure soy wax, natural cotton wicks, plant based essential oils and premium phthalate free fragrances, Florence & Myrtle candles have a significantly longer burn time than some other brands.
- Tins 8oz – burn time up to 30hrs
- Medium Copper and Gold tumblers – burn time up to 45hrs
- Apothecary Range – burn time up to 55hrs
- Geo Range – burn time up to 50hrs
- Concrete Medium – burn time up to 60hrs
- Concrete Large – burn time up to 95hrs
- Large Clear tumblers – burn time up to 65 hrs
- Signature Range – burn time up to 75hrs